Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Current Updates

I haven't posted anything for awhile now, and don't expect that will change any time soon. I did just post the 'Chapter 3 Script'. I just have a hard time working on something when I don't feel like it... And that is why I'm planning out the whole project first.

I've been playing around with RPG Maker VX a little more (It has been released in English!) and it definitely has it's good sides. Recently I opened RPG Maker XP to mess with the events, and after toying with VX, I didn't want to touch the XP event system. It's many of the same commands, and similar options, but VX is just cleaner and feels easier to use.

Anyway, back on the main topic, Chapter 0-3 complete what I call the "Introduction" part of the game. I've divided the game into 4 parts; Introduction, Item Hunt, Get the Villain, Ending.

Item Hunt is the meat of the game, gathering items, building up your charter, subplots and side quests. Get the Villain is that final part of the game where you get the villain (!). And the Ending is of course the final say.

So what I may do, before I press onward, is polish up the Introduction portion, as I fear I may already have created some loop holes in the story. I even have the bare bones of the ending planed out. The challenge will be to make sure I add enough stuff to the item collecting that you think it's fun.

No comments: